NAMM 2009 Day 1

I've attended the musical candy store known as Summer NAMM many times. I used to go every year but have paired it down to every other year: that's a good rhythm for me.

Made into Anaheim around mid afternoon where we were met with beautiful, unseasonably ward summer-like weather. I decided to just make this first day a destination-free stroll and will be more organized over the course of the next three days of attendance.

While I am not one that usually gets "star-struck" when I see famous people--I did run into one of my all-time heroes and had to stop and say 'Hi.' 

George Benson has been an idol of mine since I was 7 years old and I had the good fortune to meet him today. Needless to say--I was totally thrilled and couldn't wipe the smile of my face for the rest of the afternoon.

George is the "Real Deal."  

Tomorrow: Day 2.

0 comments: